Saturday, March 15, 2003

Wrox Out of Business

Simon Robinson posts on the DOTNET-CLR list:

I know this isn't strictly speaking specifically technical stuff about the CLR, but I think this news is of sufficient relevence to post it here...

It appears that Wrox Press has gone into liquidation. I don't know any of the details, but I would assume the company is a victim of the current general slump in .NET book sales.

I poked around online for about five seconds, and wasn't able to find anything to confirm this, so consider it rumor for now.

Given that Jason and Simon both work for Wrox, I'd say it's confirmed. Jason comments that Wrox sent email to him about it yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. I am/was a Wrox author. We were all notified via email about this yesterday morning. It's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was confirmed on TheServerSide.com today. Good links in their sparse story.

    ReplyDelete