Sunday, February 23, 2003

NewsGator 1.0 Release


 I'm very pleased to announce the release of NewsGator 1.0!


At the same time comes the public debut of NewsGator's new home, http://www.newsgator.com. There you'll find lots of information about NewsGator, news, downloads, a RSS feed search system, support resources (including a knowledge base and discussion forums), and of course the NewsGator store.


This has been an interesting development cycle...all the way from the first concept screen shot right here on my weblog, to where we are today with version 1.0. I'd like to publicly thank all of those who have been working with the 0.x versions, and especially those folks who volunteered to thoroughly test the RC1 release. Thanks to all of your efforts, I think NewsGator 1.0 is a great product!


There are numerous changes since the last release. I encourage you to download version 1.0 and try it...and if you like it, spread the word!


Press release


Greg Reinacker has released NewsGator 1.0. Congratulations Greg! I've already downloaded and installed it, and I have to say it looks very nice. I was going to stick with (freeware) Syndirella since Greg is going to be charging now, but it's just tooooo nice for me to have news in my Outlook inbox. I'm going to give the release version a try for a few days, but I highly suspect I'll be coughing up the $29 he's asking very shortly. Heck, if I paid $40 for Radio....

No comments:

Post a Comment