Saturday, February 22, 2003

A COM+ Flashback

From the Early and Adopter Weblog



In our Services Without Components article, we mentioned that it's only supported on W2K3, even though XP also contains COM+ 1.5.


Here's some good information on why.


These guys usually have very good information, but the thing that really amused me was this line:



But you didn?t have ServiceDomain so that you could easily get to COM+ Services Without Components from managed code.


I always knew only about three people read my MSDN article about how to do exactly this well over a year ago. :) Of course, they're obviously playing around with it under the 1.1 SDK and Windows server 2003 - things may have changed since I was messing with the technology. It certainly seems like forever since December 2001 when Tim and I wrote it.


What's funny is that I ran into a situation at work yesterday where this would have solved the problem very nicely. Unfortunately, the fact that it's not available on W2K made it not an option.

3 comments: