Monday, February 17, 2003

gMax 3D Editing Tool

I just downloaded this last night, and only played with it for a few minutes this morning, but it looks like a relatively full-featured 3D editor...and it's free! I'll have to take some time to dive into the program before I can really judge it, but so far I'm impressed. While it doesn't exactly run as non-administrator, it actually told me that it couldn't write to a file in Program Files, rather than just crashing. Maybe there's an option somewhere to change the location of user files, but at any rate that sort of attention to detail bodes well for the rest of the product.

I'm just excited to have a modeller so I can create some objects for my continuing Direct3D research.

7 comments:

  1. Im just getting in to 3d modeling and land scape desighn and from what Ive been told G MAX is the software to go with.

    T.Y.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, check out Blender, Wings 3d, and Milkshape if you want good free modelling programs. If you're into games, Milkshape is the one to use. Wings 3d is very good, but a work in progress, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am down loading this to learn how to do 3d modeling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know of anywhere I can Download it seeing as Autodesk withdrew it?

    Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  6. do those programs suport .dff files

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's see what I can make

    ReplyDelete