Monday, April 14, 2003

Hi There - Where Are You In From?

Like any good egomaniacal blogger, I check my referrers fairly often. It's interesting to see where people are coming from. For my blog, I get a few referrals from other peoples' blogs, and a lot of traffic from people Googling for information on DirectX - hopefully they like my tutorial series when they wind up here. And yes, I'm still writing it - just a bit busy at the moment.

Anyway, I noticed a few days ago that I'm starting to see a new thing in my referrer list. As you can see for yourself, there are now a number of entries like "Hidden referrer" and "undefined". I have no idea where these are coming from - but then again blogreading software is sprouting like mushrooms, so maybe one of the new ones sends this when someone gets referred to a page.

Really, it's too bad: I give information away for free, and in return I get to find out where you came from. I won't stop writing, but it does make it slightly less interesting for me.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I use SharpReader, so maybe I'm one of the 10 undefined ones??? I have no idea what it shows in those logs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, what Nic said. I *think* I originally got shunted to your blog from Don Box, but I can't be sure :) It would definately have been another blogger though, if that helps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm - I use newsgator, not sure of referrer in that case?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - thanks for the feedback, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kick ass with the directx tutorials, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sir! I plan to do some more work this weekend - but the topic I'm working on right now (meshes) requires me to finish at least two other topics (materials and zbuffers) so it may take a while.

    ReplyDelete