Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Wangdera.Controls 0.9.1 Released

Well, at least one person out there is using the Wangdera Control Suite...because they noticed I shipped a major bug with version 0.9. Basically, if you called the BatchFormat method to format a range of text, any text you subsequently typed into that range would be rendered as black on a black background. It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black. Whoops.


I will protest that it's not entirely my fault. The problem is that the underlying Windows Rich Edit control (hate it!) will lie to you about what the format of the text is. So when I was saving the format of the text and then “restoring“ it later, it was causing a problem. But since I knew about the problem when I shipped 0.9, I probably should have caught the bug.


Anyway, it's fixed now, and you can download it. And it was a good excuse to refresh my memory on how branching and tagging works in CVS, since we're going to need it for FlexWiki.

2 comments:

  1. Where can we find a description of WCS? The sourceforge project home page is empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you download the package, there's a help file and a readme. Neither of them does a great job of explaining exactly what the controls do, though. I'll try to whip up a homepage for the project sometime this week.



    In the meantime, I'll just state here that right now it's primarily a replacement for RichTextBox, to give you a text editor that lets you set styles like font and color. It also has support for autocomplete (i.e. Intellisense). I've used it to write a SQL editor that does things like turn "select" blue as you type.

    ReplyDelete