Babies do indeed take up a lot of time, but fortunately I'm still able to work on my little side projects now and then. So this weekend I was able to put the finishing touches on the 0.9 release of the Wangdera Control Suite. Specifically, I've fixed a bunch of bugs with RichTextBox2 and RichTextEditor, and added paragraph formatting capabilities in. So now you can do things like bulleted and numbered lists, set line spacing, and set the justification. Basically, I believe I've now exposed everything that's present in the underlying rich edit control. Combine that with the other performance and feature enhancements, and I think I've made something that's a real improvement over the (decidedly lame) RichTextBox.
Even though I labeled the version number 0.9, I really see this as more of a 1.0RC1 release. That is, I think it's ready for prime time, but I'm willing to believe there are still a few bugs. (Actually, I know there are a few minor bugs, but the ones I know about are because of weird behavior in the underlying control, so there's not much I can do about them.) Of course, I've already determined that the rich edit route is the wrong one for me, but like I said before, I still think it'll be useful for someone. So I got it done and posted so I can move on to the next thing. Enjoy!
If it seems like all I do on this blog lately is announce the release of software, well, that's because I've been working pretty hard on releasing software. :)
Now, on to understanding Uniscribe!