Sunday, May 16, 2004

FlexWikiPad 0.90

Yesterday I sat down and finally polished off supporting non-ASCII characters in FlexWikiPad. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how the tool is coming along. Although it still has a few missing features, the bugs that are left are all ones I can ignore, and it's never yet lost any data for me. I've been using it pretty much every day for a few months now. It has completely replaced my use of OneNote, which I also really liked. I'm taking that as a sign that I must be on the right track.

Anyway, since I got the code to a good point, I went ahead and released version 0.90. Now I need to figure out what to work on next. One thing I miss is full-featured Find and Replace functionality - I definitely will be doing that soon, since I often find myself wanting it. But I can get the same effect with a command-line search of the underlying files, so I'm wondering if maybe I should add the other thing I really want to get in: configurability. Specifically, I'd like to move all the formatting to an XML config file so people can change fonts and regular expressions without having to wait for me to release a new version.

If you're interested in helping me out, now is the time. Go grab the tool, try it out, and make a feature suggestion here, here, or here in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment