Sunday, February 15, 2004

Xen - Wow

It's not often I say “Wow” out loud while reading a white paper, but that's exactly what I did while reading the Xen whitepaper. I particularly drooled over the constructs towards the end of the paper that allow you to - in one easy-to-read line of code - perform an operation on a stream of XML elements, returning a new stream of different elements.


I've been doing a bunch of emacs hacking lately, and although my LISP was never good, it has become slightly less rusty. Xen reminds me a lot of LISP, only with a syntax that's a lot closer to what I'm used to, and that has better support for objects.


I've only just read the paper, so I haven't quite absorbed it yet, but this looks like an extremely interesting piece of software. We probably won't see it for years, if ever, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment