Thursday, February 5, 2004

MDX Dinner

David Weller invited me to dinner last night with Tom Miller and Scott Haynie. These guys are all heavy-hitters in the Managed DirectX space (Dave's book is now complete and should be published soon, and Tom is the guy that wrote all of the Managed DirectX libraries), so it was fun to sit down with them for a bit to chat.


I had some time to kill after dinner before I had to be somewhere else, so I wandered over to Borders. While I was there, I picked up Tom's book and started reading it. I haven't finished it yet, but so far, it's great. In fact, if I'd read this book before starting my Managed DirectX tutorials, I'm not sure I would have bothered - it does a great job of getting the reader up to speed quickly. Not that I'm going to stop now, mind you, but I still recommend that anyone interested in Managed DirectX check out Tom's book...and keep an eye out for his next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment