Monday, July 28, 2003

Visiting the Mothership

I'm in Redmond this week, visiting Microsoft for the first time ever. It seems a bit odd that I've never been here, having made a living focusing on their technologies for the last eight years. Anyway, I'm excited about the trip for two reasons.

First, I think it'll be fun to check the place out. There are a number of people working here that I haven't seen in a while, and I'm hoping to catch up with them.

Secondly, when this week is over, so is my contract. I've been renewed for another month, but because the project is going to be in a planning stage for a few weeks, and because I'm going to Taiwan in early September, that month doesn't start until about seven weeks from now. That means that for all of August, I'm only going to be working about two days a week. The rest of the time I'm going to devote to catching up on a number of things that have been slipping through the cracks in my life, like finishing the basement, sending thank-yous for our wedding gifts, and generally decompressing.

I'm sure that a month won't seem like enough by the time it's over, but it beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment