I noticed something weird on one of the wikis I’ve upgraded to FlexWiki 2.0. Even though I’d locked down a namespace to only allow authenticated users to edit, I was still seeing new topics getting created. Sure enough, when I tried it myself, I was able to create a new topic even though I wasn’t logged in. Fortunately, the problem only seems to manifest with new topics: editing of existing pages is still correctly prevented by the security provider.
After a bit of digging, I figured out that the problem is with the way permissions are handled for nonexistent topics. Basically, users were granted full control over nonexistent topics. The correct behavior is for nonexistent topics to be given the default permissions for the namespace, as once they are created, that’s what they’ll have (absent explicit permission statements). I’ve coded the fix and submitted it – it’s present in build 184.108.40.206 and forward.
Note that the fix makes the wiki secure by ensuring that unauthorized writes can't happen, but that the UI is still somewhat wanting: You're not told that the write is going to fail beforehand. I'll make that change soon. I just wanted to get a patch out to solve the underlying problem as quickly as possible.