Friday, December 2, 2005

FlexWiki Released

I just posted the latest version of FlexWiki over on SourceForge. You can download it here. Here are the release notes:


This release is primarily a bugfix release, although several minor
features have been added. Basically, the fixes were piling up, and we
were telling people "go download the latest interim build" often
enough that we decided just to make it official. Highlights of this
build include:


* At long last the death of the "incorrect wiki links" bug, where
  FlexWiki emitted links that corresponded to the first hit after
  startup. This most frequently manifested itself as links pointing to
  "localhost" even when the web server was accessed remotely.
* Null edits are now ignored.
* Slight performance enhancements, including the ability to turn off
  performance counters (which can cause large delays on some
  installations) via the DisablePerformanceCounters switch.
* Form support in WikiTalk


And much more.


Thanks to everyone that contributed, both those who wrote code and
those who reported bugs!


Please direct inquries about FlexWiki to the FlexWiki users mailing
list at

I definitely recommend that you upgrade to this release if you're currently running


I'm guessing this will be the last official release of FlexWiki before 2.0. (You can always get unsupported interim releases from I've been working away in my spare (ha!) time on gutting and rearchitecting the content engine, and I've been making slow but steady progress. It'll probably be a few months before I get it to alpha status, but once there I should be able to start making rapid progress on implementing security and some caching improvements.


  1. I's great to see that first bug gone :) I'm already running the latest code and I had only minor issues with Presentations.Image requiring more parameters. Other than that, smooth transition.

    Looking forward to the 2.0 release !

  2. Glad it's working well for you. We did have to muck with Presentations.Image an a couple other WikiTalk functions, simply because the URL changes were so pervasive. Given how wrong the code was and how many people were running into the bug, it seemed like the right choice.